Friday, August 29, 2014

Lawn Fawn Fun

Hello there!

The new Lawn Fawn release arrived at my LSS yesterday, so I had to rush right over and scoop some up!

There is just so much to love... I am especially enamored with the Stitched Leaves and new Stitched Snowflakes dies.

I also picked up the Snow Day stamp set and coordinating Snow Day 6x6 paper pad along with the Sweater Weather 6x6 paper pad. The sweet little Winter Penguin mini set came home with me as well.

I have two cards to share today, and one that I have to wait to share, because it uses next week's Deconstructed Sketch! :)



For this card, I "scattered" the Stitched Leaves dies on a piece of Papertrey Ink Kraft cardstock, placed them on an embossing pad and then ran them through my Cuttlebug so that I just got a fun impression on the cardstock instead of cutting them out. I then created a mask of each leaf with some painters tape, placed it over the leaves, and sponged Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Aged Mahogany, Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's Just my Type stamp set and the sequins are from the LF Hello Sunshine collection.



For this card, I thought it might be fun to try to create a project that used the Snow Day set for something other than a winter-themed card. I paired the bunnies from Snow Day with the heart from Winter Penguin and the sentiment from Woodgrain Backdrops, and added just a couple of strips of paper from the Snow Day 6x6 pad. I used Tim Holtz Distress Markers to color in the bunnies and a bit of Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam for the heart.

I can't wait to show you my other card next Thursday, using the Sweater Weather papers and the Stitched Leaves dies again (but in a different way)!

Have a fantastic day!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I appreciate each and every one! Have a great day!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS