Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Picture Frame

Two posts in one day! I am on a roll. I wanted to share this picture frame I made for my dad for Christmas. I got this tin in the mail from AOL. It had painted advertising all over the outside, but I put it away thinking maybe I could cover it with paper or something and make it pretty. Well, due to my background in carpentry, I had a better idea! I had a piece of sandpaper laying around, and decided to see how difficult it would be to sand off the paint rather than trying to cover it all up with paper. Sooo easy! Now, it looks like brushed steel. How cool is that!?!?


So I attached navy satin ribbon around the two pieces with Terrifically Tacky Tape, adhered my DP inside along with my stickers (Deja Views), some arrows (7 gypsies), brads (Making Memories), added some rub-ons to the outside (Deja-Views) found a picture of my dad and grandpa and voila! A unique photo frame using an otherwise useless piece of junk mail!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Cresta! Happy New Year!! This is very cute! Now I will probably will not get anymore of these darn things now that I want one!! lol!

    Have a great weekend, my friend!
    Talk to ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cresta! This is great!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:46 AM

    What a fabulous idea, making a lovely picture frame and what an awesome picture. Love it!! Diana (NanaDiana on Splitcoast).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I appreciate each and every one! Have a great day!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS